Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Word of the Week: Circumambient

As a writer, it is very important to me to work constantly on expanding and improving my vocabulary, so I am introducing a regular feature to this blog: the word of the week. I will randomly select a word from the dictionary and provide its spelling and definition, and the challenge is for myself and any readers out there to incorporate the word  in a sentence at least twice a week. Submit your sentences in the comments or on Twitter @ak_gossipghoul.

This week's word, taken from Dictionary.com

circumambient
adjective
surrounding; encompassing
 
Origin:
1625–35; < Late Latin circumambient- (stem of circumambiÄ“ns). See circum-, ambient

circumambience, circumambiency, noun
circumambiently, adverb
 
Example:  
It was a strain to see through the circumambient veil of snow.
 
Good luck with your sentences!
 
XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment