Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spring Fashion Fabulousness

Author's Note: I wrote the draft for this post in my diary during a slow day at work. I had to pause in it several times because of actually, you know, working, and I think that's why this is all over the place. Definitely not my best work, I admit, but thanks to computer issues, I am behind schedule, so I am posting this as is. Enjoy.

Can I just say that I am loving the mod, Sixties-inspired fashions that are in right now? Marc Jacobs' graphic prints for Louis Vuitton and Prada's poppies are so much fun! Not that I could afford Marc Jacobs or Prada, but I practically devour their pictures in the fashion magazines every month. Not necessarily for the trends, since trends aren't for everyone (peplums are seriously hard to pull off, for example), but well, for a lot of reasons, like lusting after fabulous shoes and clothes (and hot models and cover girls), picking up beauty tips, and because I feel fashion magazines do a great job of documenting current culture, particularly from an artistic perspective.  Fashion is art, after all. Plus the magazines are fun. Especially Cosmo, my favorite.

Anyway, as I was saying, I love seeing the high fashion items of the moment, and the Sixties styles are quite adorable. Particularly since I have just recently gotten into the TV show Mad Men, which is an incredibly well done show, btw. I just finished season one, and I love it, the amazing fashions included. The characters all look so well put together, especially Joan, my favorite.

Bold colors and prints, winged eyeliner, these are things that look great on just about everyone. A mod bag shows off a playful personality, and the black and white prints are an excellent way to look chic and sophisticated. For me, it's all about the black and white. Black is my favorite color, after all, in part because it's slimming. Plus it's the color of my soul.

I'm looking forward to more spring fashions.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment