Friday, February 1, 2013

A Question of Great Philosophic Import

Sometimes it feels like I can never catch a break. I finally get a full night's worth of sleep; I finally get caught up on a particular set of bills; I finally have money in my bank account, and then everything feels like it crashes down around me. I get over the flu only to be scheduled eleven straight hours in essentially a freezer on a day predicted to be between ten and twenty degrees. I finally get myself off of a steady diet of dayquil and nyquil only to be unable to sleep at night. I get some things worked out with my loan provider, and the paperwork never comes in the mail, so now I have more than my entire bank account balance due. Everything gets bad at once.

Life is a constant uphill struggle, and I always seem to be sliding back down every few steps I take. I'm constantly moving forward and never getting anywhere. It's like trying to go down an upward escalator or running on a treadmill.

Wow, this post is way more depressing than I'd originally intended. It's Friday, and just because I'm stuck working eleven hours on the busiest day of the week by myself with no other cashiers does not mean I have to bring down everyone else too, right? Whatever readers are out there, somewhere on the Internet...

Let me end with a positive note...

OK, I just spent the last four minutes staring at the notebook I'm writing this in, trying to come up with something positive, and all I can think of is that after my excruciatingly long work day is over, I get to repaint my nails. While working, I get to debate this important question: do I paint them purple or grey?

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment