Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mila Kunis's Allure Look

As I've said previously, I only buy Allure once in a while, usually when there's a cover girl I like. In this case, Allure features the smoldering beauty that is Mila Kunis. It's weird, but I used to dislike her because I found her character Jackie on That 70's Show to be annoying. Of course, the character isn't the actress, and I started to warm up to her once I found out that she voices Meg on Family Guy. Family Guy is one of those shows that's either a hit or a miss; some episodes are really, really stupid, and some are hilariously funny. I like Meg the best, though, because she's awkward and pathetic, which makes her relatable. For me, at least. Then came Black Swan and Mila's seductive performance therein. I even found her hotter than Natalie Portman, on whom I've had a crush since fourth grade. Mila gt a very sexy cover on February 2011's issue of Cosmo as their Fun, Fearless Female of the Year, and my heart fluttered. Full-blown crush. Now she is my top pick to play Anastasia Steele in a Fifty Shades of Grey movie (and Jensen Ackles is my pick for Christian Grey).

Her photo shoot for March Allure continues her aura of seduction. The picture of her on the inside cover, with that lace and chain link dress and those bombshell curls -- absolutely gorgeous! Here is my take on recreating her look.

First spritz damp hair with root-lifting spray and pin up in large velcro rollers. Keep it up and out of the way while working on makeup. Do foundation, concealer, powder routine. Darken and define brows with an eyebrow pencil. Then, pat flesh-colored cream shadow across the eyelid. Take a shimmery black shadow to the outer corner, and use a crease brush to swipe it across the entire crease to the inner corner. Do a second layer of this to darken, and bring some of it halfway down the lower lashline, blending to soften slightly. Take a liquid liner across the upper and lower lashline, and then use an angled brush and the same black shimmer to go over the liquid liner for a softer, smoldering look. Line your waterline in peach or nude eyeliner to enlarge the eyes. Curl your lashes, and add several coats of mascara. Finish the face with soft peach blush and beige lipstick.

Take down the rollers; blow-dry if needed, and use a paddle brush to lengthen the curls. Then take a 1 and 1/2 inch curling iron to the ends of your hair. Spritz with hairspray, and arrange your luscious curls sexily around your shoulders. Rub in a bit of argan oil for a bit of extra shine.

Finish the look with coral nail polish and a gorgeous dress. Blow your reflection in the mirror a kiss, and be ready to seduce the world.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul. 

Update: Finally got my computer to be able to add pictures to posts.
Picture belongs to Allure magazine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment