Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An Exciting List

Things I Am Looking Forward To In The Next Month:

  • Shards and Ashes 
    • This is the second short story collection (the first was Enthralled) edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong. Both of these women are incredible dark fantasy and paranormal romance authors, especially Melissa Marr. She is a huge inspiration to me and to my writing, and her characters are rich, complex, and so seductive. When I tell people what kind of books I write, I cite Neil Gaiman, Holly Black, and always Melissa Marr as my genre examples. Enthralled was a lovely collection, so I am thrilled to read Shards and Ashes. It was only just released, and I'm getting my copy this weekend.
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 on DVD
    •  I'm not a big fan of the movies, but I love, love, love the books and feel no shame in admitting my infatuation. Breaking Dawn Part 2 was really well done despite Part 1 sucking and despite Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner. The whole "screwing with your mind" twist, although un-canon, made the movie. It was a good conclusion to the saga that really showed off the excellently cast side characters, like the Volturi, Carlisle, Ashley Greene as Alice, and Dakota Fanning as Jane. I'm looking forward to the DVD; it's a guilty pleasure I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about.
  • Banana Republic's Mad Men Collection
    • So awesome and so very on trend for spring, and perfect for those of us who can't afford Louis Vuitton.
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful
    • This movie looks fantastic! I love how much (from the pictures I've seen at least) Michelle Williams as Glinda looks like Kristen Chenoweth in Wicked! It looks like a fun fantasy adventure, and the makeup tie-ins (both OPI and Urban Decay) have been amazing! Most importantly: Mila Kunis. Oh, how I love Mila Kunis...
So any time I'm feeling depressed right now, I'm trying to remind myself of these fabulous things coming to me, and my day seems a little bit brighter as the future seems a little more fabulous.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment