Monday, March 4, 2013

Run Fast As You Can

This post was suggested by my best friend, whom I refer to as Iris. She's trying to train for a half-marathon in a couple of months and told me she needs an extra push to motivate her to run every day. If I post it here, it'll be out there online, and then she'll just have to do it. Or so she insisted. So here is your motivation, dear:

Run.
Run like velociraptors are chasing you.
Run away as if Russell Crowe is behind you trying to sing and slaughter our favorite Les Mis character.
Run like you're running away from Team Gale.
Run as if they recast Kristen Stewart as Katniss.
Run as if they recast Russell Crowe as Haymitch. With musical sequences. Or, even more horrifying, as Christian Grey with musical sequences.
Run as if you're running to sale at Sephora.
Run as if Tim Gunn were waiting for you when you finish.
Run as though Morgan Freeman were narrating your race with a commentary.
Run as if Hank and John Green asked you to.
Run as if there were a wine-tasting at the end.
Run, and I'll try to write more Nyquil-induced poetry for you. Or maybe Patron-induced?
Run because then we get a weekend together.

Motivation enough? Don't hate me for the Russell Crowe jokes; I know it's pouring salt in a festering wound. Just try to keep running and training every day.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment