Sunday, March 3, 2013

Writer's Block

So things have been difficult lately. It certainly isn't the first time I've had writer's block, and I don't think I will ever get over how miserable it is to stare at a blank piece of paper and not be able to come up with a single sentence. When one has pinned all of one's future and hopes on words, having a blank mind is truly terrible.

The thing is that I have a long list of topics I want to write about in this blog, but I want those posts to be thoughtful and well written, not filler when I can think of not a single thing to say. A friend whom I shall refer to as Jen suggested that I write about not being able to write. I balked at first, yet here I am writing about the emptiness that is my mind at present.

Also, I'm on an odd combination of Dayquil and espresso as I write this, and my head feels weird because of it. That's just today, though. The excuse for the past few day's is writer's block. The only cure for writer's block is to become inspired. Currently in my jobs there is nothing to inspire me. My new Cosmo should be arriving any day now. Hopefully that will spark something, or maybe the new Oz movie this weekend will, although I seriously hope I'll be able to come up with something to write about before then.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment