Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Twilight Forever Blogging Marathon This Saturday!

So. 

I realize it's been awhile since I've posted. I can give all the excuses I've said so many times before. Life never gets easier, and when sleep's sweet siren call seems more persuasive than motivation for writing, sometimes things get pushed aside. I get so many thousands of ideas in the morning as I start work, but twelve hours later when I get home, I'm too exhausted to remember any of them. Or many other excuses get in the way. 

So I've come up with an idea. I'm going to have a huge burst of blogging done in one day. I've been thinking about this for a while, but it was the misery I faced on Easter that made me realize how much I need this. 

This Saturday, April 26, starting at 10 am Eastern Standard Time, I am going to marathon all five of the Twilight Saga films, and I will be live-tweeting and live-blogging the entire time. There will be posts here, on my Facebook, on my lesser used Tumblr, and particularly on Twitter. Please feel free to join in with the hashtag #TwilightForever. An interactive approach to this will make it even better, and I'd love to have some comments and feedback. 

Spread the word: this Saturday is the #TwilightForever marathon! Watch any or all of the movies with me while is blog and tweet with a singular focus. 
I feel like this is the jump start I need. The first Twilight book back in 2005 inspired me to write in genres besides high fantasy -- particularly urban fantasy, which is now the category under which most of my writing falls. Hopefully watching all five of the movies together (although they are far inferior to the books, I'll emphasize) will have a similar impact of inspiration to this writing. 
Plus if a whole day of blogging and tweeting doesn't make up for this last hiatus, what will?

Talk to you Saturday!

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment