Sunday, August 4, 2013

Aurora's Weekly Favorites: Om Shanti Avengers

Hey, everyone! Some people call Sunday the beginning of the week while others consider it the very end. For the purposes of the Gossip Ghoul Blog, I'm considering Sunday the end with a recap of some weekly favorites. Not all of these are from this week or were put online this week, of course. These are just things that I've been loving this past week and want to share so that you can enjoy as well.

First off, I found this little gem from the San Diego Comic Con on Fashionably Geek. It's from the masquerade featuring a group of cosplayers performing Om Shanti Avengers. Yes, it is an Avengers and Bollywood crossover. The costumes are hilarious, and the dancing is very Bollywood-esque. It made me laugh a lot. Here is the video from the masquerade:



And here is a clip from the Bollywood film Om Shanti Om. It's an especially awesome movie if you understand even some of the self-referential insider jokes about the industry. Either way, watch, and your heart too may be filled with the pain of disco.



Yeah, not going to lie, but I love Bollywood and find that highly enjoyable.

Speaking of music, my song of the week has been Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue. It's been in my head all week, and now it can be in yours.

My nail polish of the week has been Noho by Nails Inc. from the leather effect line,  with China Glaze's Stone Cold from the Hunger Games collection as the accent nails.
Picture from Sephora.com

Aditionally, I plan to spotlight a great beauty tutorial from YouTube every week. Inspiration for different looks can come from anywhere. Today's video is the geekily fantastic Daenerys of Game of Thrones look by Michelle Phan.



Of course, there's more to life than makeup, as demonstrated in this list of five lessons about life learned from Cosmopolitan magazine. I've often been criticized for my love of Cosmo. Just yesterday at the bus stop a woman felt the need to rant at me about how the women in those pages aren't real because they're wearing makeup and have had their hair done professionally and how that's horrible for people to see because they can never look like that. Yes, I will never look as amazing as celebrities in glamorous red carpet photos, but there's so much more to Cosmo than that, and the list in this link really summarizes it well.

I hope you enjoyed the little things that have made me smile this week, and I hope we all have an enjoyable week ahead of us. Fingers crossed.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment