Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Word of the Week: Frangible

Since this blog is supposed to help me with my writing, I am utilizing it to enhance my vocabulary, a very important part of my writing, of course. I should never stop trying to improve my skills, after all. Therefore, I am bringing back the Word of the Week. Basically, every Wednesday I choose a word not common in everyday conversation, and the challenge is for me and you readers out there to use it in one or two sentences by the end of the week. Send me your sentences in the comments, or tweet me with the hashtag #WordoftheWeek. Today's word is:

frangible
(adjective)
easily broken; breakable; capable of being broken; brittle; fragile

Example: I never really thought about how frangible items are at work until I dropped a gallon-sized glass jar of kimchi and had to clean it all up.
Example 2: Sometimes I wonder just how frangible my relationships are with family members and friends when it becomes apparent what a disconnect there is between us.

Have fun!

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment