Friday, August 16, 2013

Product Spotlight: The Shiseido Foundation Brush

It can be overwhelming how many different kinds of makeup brushes there are with myriad shapes and sizes for every type of product and technique, and certain brushes work better than others. When it comes to liquid foundation, there is a debate about whether brushes are as or more effective at application than using one's fingers or sponges. For me, I rely on brushes. Well, one brush in particular: The Shiseido Foundation Brush.

Picture from Shiseido.com

I am in love with this critically acclaimed brush. It is the most amazing brush I have ever used. Its size is very compact so that it fits well in one's hand and is convenient for travel. The head of the brush is tiny and in the shape of a pencil eraser, and it has a ton of tightly packed bristles at a slightly downward angle. This makes it very effective at blending both through tiny stippling motions and longer strokes, and it blends incredibly well. It's great for layering, whether I want a very sheer application, or if I want to build up more coverage. I even use it to blend concealer and highlighter seamlessly, and sometimes I even apply BB cream with it. I depend on it so much!

It is $30, but it is a Shiseido product. Shiseido is a high-end company well known for its expensive skincare lines. Nonetheless, I truly feel The Shiseido Foundation Brush is worth every penny. It's a good investment, since it will last a long time. I whole-heartedly recommend it.

Do you have a favorite foundation brush? Let me know in the comments.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment