Saturday, August 3, 2013

Howl At The Moon

Back in May, my friend J and I decided that this summer we would watch a series together that neither of us have previously seen. We have similar tastes in books, movies, and shows (with  a few exceptions -- I will never like Anchorman, sorry), and viewing a few marathons together was a great way to bond before she left for her internship. After much debate, we selected Teen Wolf.
 
Picture belongs to MTV.

All I knew about Teen Wolf previously is that it involves werewolves (obviously) and that the big slash ship is Sterek. I didn't know it's MTV. I didn't know it's an adaptation of the cult Michael J. Fox film. I didn't know Scott is the main character. I didn't even know what Stiles and Derek look like. The only thing I really knew is that Sterek is the big rival ship for Destiel.

Now, I am a huge Destiel fan, and I desperately want the pairing to become official for Supernatural season nine. I just about melted into bittersweet sobs when Dean told Castiel, "I need you," while Castiel was struggling against mind control not to kill him. I am currently working on multiple -- that's right, multiple -- Destiel fan videos. Therefore, reading that Sterek is considered the Destiel of Teen Wolf instantly intrigued me.


    
Picture from Tumblr.

 J and I watched the first couple episodes, and immediately we were hooked. The show is incredible! It has intriguing storylines and brilliantly developed characters. Every single character is interesting and likeable,* even minor background and side characters. (Who else here wants to create a fan club for Greenberg? Our motto would be: Greenberg, We Love You Even Though Everybody Hates You And We Have No Idea What You Look Like.) Even the more villainous characters are loveable and sympathetic, especially snarky Peter, and who else here cried for Deucalion at the end of Visionary? Speaking of crying, I do cry a lot during Teen Wolf, especially this current season. Season one was great; season two was even better; and season three is amazing, with each episode being more intensive than the last. After this past episode, I'm dying for this coming Moonday. Is Jennifer actually Paige? I must know!
Picture belongs to MTV.

Now I have another reason to smile at the full moon.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

* Except for Jennifer. She's not very likeable, but she's still very interesting. Though truth be told, we just hate her for manipulating Derek and keeping him from Stiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment